Performance comparison of copper cable and ordinary aluminum cable
We usually have the most common cable conductor copper, aluminum two, now they are from the conductor performance to make a comparison so that we can choose the right cable products.
First, the advantages of copper cable
1. Low resistivity: the resistivity of aluminum cable is about 1.68 times higher than that of copper cable.
2. Ductility is good: Electrotechnical copper extension rate of 30% or more.
3. High strength: Allowable stress at room temperature, copper, respectively, higher than the aluminum 7 to 28%.
4. Anti-fatigue: aluminum repeated easy to break the fracture, copper is not easy. Elasticity indicators, copper is also about 1.7 to 1.8 times higher than aluminum.
5. Good stability: copper core oxidation resistance, corrosion resistance, and aluminum core susceptible to oxidation and corrosion.
6 large current capacity: Due to the low resistivity, with the same section of the copper cable aluminum current than the allowable current carrying capacity (through the maximum current) about 30% higher.
7. Low energy consumption: Due to the low resistivity of copper, the power loss of copper cable is lower than that of aluminum cable. This is conducive to improving power generation utilization and environmental protection.
8. Convenient construction: ① The copper core is flexible and the allowable bending radius is small, so the turning is convenient and the tube is easy to wear. ② The copper core is resistant to fatigue and easy to break due to repeated bending. Therefore, the wiring is easy. ③ The mechanical strength of the copper core is high, To withstand greater mechanical tension, laying a great convenience to the construction, but also to create the conditions for mechanized construction.
Second, the advantages of aluminum cable
1. Price is cheap: copper rod is more than 3 times the price of aluminum rod, aluminum is 3.3 times the proportion of aluminum, aluminum cable so much cheaper than copper wire, suitable for low-cost projects or temporary electricity.
2. The cable is very light: the weight of the aluminum core cable is 40% of the copper cable, and the construction and transportation costs are low. 3. Antioxidant: Aluminum reacts with oxygen quickly in the air to form an oxide film that prevents further oxidation. Therefore, aluminum wire is a necessary material for overhead transmission with high voltage, large cross section and large span.
Although aluminum core cables are cheaper, copper cables have outstanding advantages in cable power supply, especially in underground power supply. Underground copper cable power supply with a low accident rate, corrosion resistance, high reliability, easy construction and maintenance. This is also the reason why copper cables are mainly used in underground power supply in China at present.