Wire and cable classification and application
1. What types of commonly used wires and cables are used according to their purpose? A: According to the use, it can be divided into bare wire, insulated wire, heat-resistant wire, shielded wire, power cable, control cable, communication cable, RF cable, etc.
2. What kinds of insulated wires are there? Answer: There are commonly used insulated wires: polyvinyl chloride insulated wire, PVC insulated wire, nitrile polyvinyl chloride mixture insulated cord, rubber insulated wire, agricultural underground direct buried aluminum core plastic insulated wire, rubber insulated cotton yarn Textile cords, PVC insulated nylon sheathed wires, PVC insulated cords for power and lighting, etc.
3. What kind of occasion is the cable tray suitable for? Answer: The cable tray is suitable for laying power cables and control cables indoors and outdoors in general industrial and mining enterprises. It can also be used for erection indoors and outdoors in telecommunications, radio and television departments.
4. What are the cable accessories? Answer: Commonly used electrical accessories include cable terminal junction box, cable intermediate junction box, connecting pipe and terminal block, steel plate wiring slot, cable tray and so on.
5. What is the cable intermediate connector? Answer: The device that connects the cable and the conductor of the cable, the insulating shield and the protective layer to connect the cable line is called the cable intermediate connector.
Wire and cable applications
1. Power system
The wire and cable products used in the power system mainly include overhead bare wires, bus bars (bus bars), power cables (plastic cables, oil-paper cables (substantially replaced by plastic power cables), rubber cables, overhead insulated cables), and branch cables. (Replaces some busbars), magnet wires, and electrical equipment, wire and cable for power equipment.
2. Information transmission system
The wire and cable used for the information transmission system mainly includes local telephone cable, television cable, electronic cable, radio frequency cable, optical fiber cable, data cable, electromagnetic wire, power communication or other composite cable.
3. Mechanical equipment, instrumentation system
This part is used in almost all other products except for overhead bare wires, but mainly power cables, magnet wires, data cables, instrumentation cables, etc.
Wire and cable products are mainly divided into five categories
1. Bare wire and bare conductor products
The main features of this product are: pure conductor metal, no insulation and sheath layer, such as steel core aluminum stranded wire, copper-aluminum busbar, electric locomotive line, etc.; processing technology is mainly pressure processing, such as smelting, rolling, pulling System, stranding/tightening stranding, etc.; products are mainly used in suburbs, rural areas, user main lines, switch cabinets, etc.
2, power cable
The main features of this type of product are: extrusion (winding) insulation on the outer conductor, such as overhead insulated cable, or stranding (corresponding to the phase, neutral and ground of the power system), such as overhead insulated cables with two cores or more , or add a jacket layer, such as plastic / rubber sheathed wire and cable. The main process technologies include drawing, stranding, insulation extrusion (winding), cable-forming, armoring, and sheath extrusion. The different process combinations of various products have certain differences.
The products are mainly used for transmission of strong electric energy in the transmission, distribution, transmission, transformation and power supply lines. The current passing through is large (tens of amps to several thousand amps) and the voltage is high (220V to 500kV and above).
3. Wire and cable for electrical equipment
The main features of this type of product are: wide variety of specifications, wide application range, use voltages of 1kV and below, and new products such as fire-resistant cables, flame-retardant cables, low-smoke halogen-free/low Smoke low halogen cable, termite prevention, mouse cable, oil/cold resistance/temperature/wear resistant cable, medical/agricultural/mineral cable, thin wall wire, etc.
4, communication cable and fiber (a brief introduction)
With the rapid development of the communication industry in the past two decades, the products have also experienced phenomenal growth. From the simple telephone telegraph cable of the past to thousands of pairs of cable, coaxial cable, optical cable, data cable, and even combined communication cable.
The structural dimensions of such products are generally small and uniform, and manufacturing precision is required.
5, electromagnetic wire (winding wire
Mainly used in various motors, instrumentation, etc.
Derivatives/new products for wire and cable
The derivative/new products of wire and cable are mainly due to the requirements of application, application requirements, equipment convenience and equipment cost reduction, but adopt new materials, special materials, or change product structure, or improve process requirements, or will be different. The products of the variety are combined to produce.
Use different materials such as flame-retardant cables, low-smoke halogen-free/low-smoke low-halogen cables, termite-proof, mouse-proof cables, oil/cold/temperature resistant cables, etc.
Change product structure such as: fire resistant cable;
Improve process requirements such as: medical cables;
Combination products such as: OPGW;
Easy to install and reduce equipment costs such as: prefabricated branch cables.